We LOVE independent Wedding Planners and Event Designers! Regardless of where you get married and regardless of whether or not your venue has an “in-house” coordinator…consider hiring your very own “wedding stylist”…it’s SO much fun! Amy thought of 10 top reasons why she wished she had hired one when she got married:
Top Ten Reasons You Should Hire A Wedding Planner
By Amy (wish I had one when I got married) Marvin
- Consultations: Most planners do not charge for an initial consultation. Give them a call to see how they can help! You don’t lose anything; if anything you gain some ideas and maybe an advocate for planning your big day.
- Services: Planners will share with you their “menu” of services. It can be “Full-Service” or anything from initial planning of your theme or colors, to assisting you with drafting a budget, and of course the “day of” service, so you and your family & friends can fully enjoy your wedding day.
- Budget: An extension of the services menu is budget. To stay within your monetary boundaries, planners will work with you to best meet your goals and hopefully get the most “bang” for your buck.
- Resources: Why go all around town, making your head spin when you can tap into your planner for vendor recommendations. Not too impressed by their list, or looking for something different? —Your planner will make every effort to help you find it.
- Theme: You have likely spent your entire life up to this point, envisioning the perfect wedding with that special someone. Your planner can help you fill in the gaps by providing some ideas that you may not have thought of, and take your dream wedding “to the next level”.
- Organizational Skills: I have yet to meet a planner who didn’t possess some level of amazing organizational skills. You’ll want someone to keep you on task…planning a wedding is no easy feat, especially if you are organizationally challenged. (Like I was! —Ok, I still have my ADHD moments.)
- Time Management: Let’s face it. Who has extra time anymore? Yeah, you’re getting married, but you’re probably also working, or going to school, or both—and more! Your planner can save you precious time by making the phone calls, coordinating meetings, drafting contracts, etc.
- Guest Care & Accommodations: Your planner can help you with your out of town guests. Details such as travel, car rental, entertainment, and hotel accommodations will be helpful to your weary traveling guests.
- Worry-Free Wedding Day: Did I mention “Day-Of” services? Believe me when I say that you need to be free of the nagging details of hosting a major event. You are the bride, you should be primping, preening, and gazing into the eyes of your new spouse, not directing the caterers to take out the trash or reminding the guest book girl to keep her feet off the table.
- SANITY: And the number one reason again? Keep your sanity, and enjoy the process of planning a wedding. Your Wedding Planner will be there every step of the way, and provide you the joy you deserve at this special time in your life…. who knows, you’ll likely end up with another best friend!